Salwar kameez is one of the most popular traditional Indian wear that reflects a perfect blend of comfort and style statement. The classical design of salwar kameez consist of short, medium or full length of kameez along with body fitting or baggy salwar with a head scarf and it comes in a wide range, be it the casual salwar suit for women or the ones for some special occasion like marriage or engagement etc.
Let us now have a look at the different salwar kameez designs available in the market before making a decision to buying them. The following are the salwar kameez designs available in the market today:
- The Basic Salwar Kameez: The basic salwar kameez has a straight or narrow fitting salwar and a knee length kameez, it is not necessary to carry chunni or head scarf along with the basic salwar kameez. It is worn by a large number of Indian women on regular basis.
- Patiala Salwar Kameez: The name Patiala salwar kameez is derived from the city Patiala situated in Punjab where the following dress is worn on a regular basis, hence it has been named as Patiala salwar kameez. The Patiala salwar kameez has a baggier salwar then usual and a knee length kameez, it is not necessary to carry chunni or headscarf along with the Patiala salwar kameez to suit the style.
- Anarkali Suits: One of the most famous and the most elegant type in salwar kameez is the anarkali suit. They come in many different styles like floor length anarkali, frock style anarkali and A-line anarkali. The sleek and the smart design of anarkali suits make it the most preferred ethnic attire of the modern women. It is one of the most royal Indian traditional wear.
- Dhoti Salwar Kameez: The name dhoti salwar kameez is derived from the traditional Indian dress for men popularly known as dhoti. The salwar in dhoti salwar kameez consist of numerous pleats which start from the front and go back from the side while making it look like a dhoti. It is very baggy and comfortable to wear; it can be worn along with any length of kameez.
- Sharara Kameez: Another variation of salwar kameez is sharara kameez. This variation has been very popular outfit in the early 1960’s of the Indian film industry and was not only worn by our actresses but also by many high society people and top notch socialites. In this outfit salwar is very similar to full length skirt while the kameez looks like short kurti. It is designed in such a way that it looks like a baggy pant till knees and beyond knees it looks like a saree with a smaller radius. The dress can be worn with or without a chunni or head scarf to suit the style and comfort of the individual.
You could easily buy your favorite brands and designs on salwar kameez online through various online shopping stores. Some of the famous ones are Tata CLiQ, Myntra, Jabong, Ajio, Abof, Voonik, Limeroad and so on.